Top 10 Tips for Consistent Weight Loss
1. You must eat! Don't skip meals thinking you'll save on calories at the end of the day. You'll slow down your metabolism and most likely overeat at the few meals you do consume that day.
2. You should be eating the right foods. Good, nutrient-dense foods are so important when it comes to your dietary intake. Our favorite: lean protein.
3. You can't out-exercise a poor diet. Eat well first, exercise second.
4. Make sure you choose the right proteins. There are a few common foods that are touted for being high in protein but are actually not: nuts/seeds (higher in fat), beans (not a complete protein and higher in carbs), quinoa (has some protein but again, high in carbs).
5. Ditch the "cheat meals" and "cheat days". They're just reinstating old habits you've been trying to kick and they set you back more than you'd think.
6. Not all salads are created equally! Salads containing all vegetables, lean protein and even fresh fruit are great! When you toss in nuts, seeds, croutons, high fat cheeses and dried fruit, you're stacking up the calories.
7. Just because a food is low in carbs does not mean it is low in calories. Example: butter.
8. Be a smart label reader! If a package for tortillas says it only has 2g of carbohydrates, it's probably subtracting fiber from the total grams of carbohydrates. Always follow the nutrition label, paying attention to the total grams of carbohydrates.
9. Keep those short term goals in mind. They'll help you reach your overall goal while keeping you motivated.
10. Journal your daily intake! We can't preach this enough. Not only does it keep you accountable but it will help us help you trouble shoot if you ever hit a plateau.
Have questions or need more tips? Give us a call at (303) 458-1551. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!