Losing weight is difficult. Cutting back (or restricting your intake), is always harder than letting loose. There are a few things that we like to remind patients about when losing weight. Here are our top 5 when it comes to a diet.
- Follow your meal plan! It only works if you work it (follow it).
- Journal your intake, daily. Writing down what you eat is a hassle, but it works! You're less likely to miss a meal, go off of your plan or eat too much if you're writing it down every day.
- Do what works for you: if you're too busy to prep meals try purchasing foods that are pre-washed, pre-cut, or pre-cooked so you can set yourself up for success.
- Try new foods. They may just become your new favorite go-to and could help make life on a diet just a little easier.
- Set realistic goals. Losing 2-3 lbs. per week is great! Remember that the smaller your body mass, the slower you'll lose weight (the smaller the body mass, the lower the metabolic rate). Last but not least, you're bound to have weeks where your weight loss might be more than you expected and ones where it's less. Keep in mind that weight loss is a journey and the only thing worse than gaining your weight back is quitting a program that works when you follow it!