October 6th is National Noodle Day. Enjoy it but do so responsibly (nothing will pump the breaks on your diet faster than too many pasta noodles). Consider these low-carb options to create your celebratory pasta meal.
- Zoodles (or zucchini noodles), are great because they're loaded with fiber and can be paired with just about any lean protein. Try them with marinara sauce, olive oil or pesto.
- Tofu Shirataki Noodles are made from soy beans (tofu), and don't have much flavor until you add something to them. Make sure to rinse these well before you heat them up! They tend to have a fishy smell until the liquid they're packaged in is rinsed off. After that, they resemble a noodle quite well and can substitute for just about any spaghetti and fettuccini noodle!
- Kelp noodles are transparent noodles packed with nutrients such as fiber, calcium and iron. Keep your portions in check! These noodles are naturally higher in sodium so a 1/2 cup serving should do the trick. These noodles are popular in Korean dishes and are made out of (you've probably guessed it), seaweed. Try them making with stir fry vegetables, scrambling eggs and adding a dash of low-sodium soy sauce.
- Our Chicken Alfredo Pasta high protein meal replacement is a great choice for your National Noodle Day dish. It has 15 grams of protein alone, add a few bits of steamed broccoli and you've got a complete meal!
- Butternut squash noodles are perfect for fall. The slightly sweet flavor of this low-glycemic squash pairs well with vegetables and protein alike! Try them with chicken meatballs and spinach or grilled chicken. We like ours mixed with zoodles and pesto.
Interested in more detailed weight loss plan? Check out Our Programs starting as low as $110 a month!