If you haven't paid close attention to your fiber intake, now is a perfect time! Did you know that fiber helps reduce your risks of developing diabetes, heart disease and obesity? Sure does! Fiber also helps you stay full after a meal, coming in handy when trying to lose weight. We've compiled a list of 10 sources of fiber you should be eating to reach your daily goal of 21-25 grams a day.
- 1 cup raspberries=8g fiber
- 1 pear with skin=5.5g fiber
- 3/4 cup Bran Flakes=5.5g fiber
- 1 artichoke, boiled=10.2g fiber
- 1 cup broccoli=5.1g fiber
- 1 orange=3.1g fiber
- 1/2 cup barley=3g fiber
- 1 cup black beans=15g fiber
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts=4.1g fiber
- 1 cup strawberries=3.1g fiber
Don't forget to meet your fiber needs with a variety of foods! For more fiber-rich foods, visit The Mayo Clinic.