Meal plans aren't easy. They can be confusing, add pressure to eat perfectly each day and can make you afraid of certain food groups. We can help you simplify your plan and help make it easier to follow.
A few simple tools for portion sizes:
- 3 oz. lean protein=deck of cards, hockey puck
- 1/2 cup=1 lightbulb
- 1 cup=1 baseball
- 1 tbsp.=1 poker chip
- 1 slice of bread=1 cassette tape
A few tools for when you can't meet all of your needs:
- Make sure you're meeting your protein needs.
- Your vegetables are pretty important too, so try to get your recommended servings in each day.
- Don't let a "bad meal" throw you into a hunger strike the rest of your day. You should still try to eat that next meal. Just make sure it is compliant to your plan and healthy.
- Use meal replacements as a convenient way to enjoy a meal without the hassle of meal prep.
It's okay to modify your plan! Ask us for recommendations on how to do this if you feel like something is too hard. We offer nutrition counseling and support! We look forward to helping you find your perfect plan.